Blood Sugar Synergy is designed to help support cardiometabolic health. Patients who have elevated blood sugars, metabolic syndrome or diabetes have a more rapid worsening of autoimmune complications and shorter time to disability. (1-3) Blood Sugar synergy delivers alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), the plant alkaloid berberine, and biotin in one convenient formula. ALA, (4,5) berberine (6,7) and biotin (8,9) have been observed to support insulin activity and glucose metabolism. Research also suggests a role for berberine in supporting
normal A1C levels.(10)
1. Pinhas-Hamiel O, Livne M, Harari G, Achiron A. Prevalence of overweight, obesity and metabolic syndrome components in multiple sclerosis patients with significant disability. Eur J Neurol. 2015;22(9):1275-1279.
2. Smith AE, Molton IR, Jensen MP. Self-reported incidence and age of onset of chronic comorbid medical conditions in adults aging with long-term physical disability. Disabil Health J. 2016;9(3):533-538.
3. Dao HH, Do QT, Sakamoto J. Increased frequency of metabolic syndrome among Vietnamese women with early rheumatoid arthritis: a cross-sectional study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12(6):R218.
4. Aslfalah H, Jamilian M, Rafiei F, Khosrowbeygi A. Reduction in maternal serum values of glucose and gamma-glutamyltransferase after supplementation with alpha-lipoic acid in women with gestational diabetes mellitus. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2019;45(2):313-317.
5. Rahimlou M, Asadi M, Banaei Jahromi N, Mansoori A. Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) supplementation effect on glycemic and inflammatory biomarkers: A Systematic Review and meta- analysis. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2019;32:16-28.
6. Han Y, Xiang Y, Shi Y, et al. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacological Activities of Berberine in Diabetes Mellitus Treatment. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2021;2021:9987097.
7. Li C, He JZ, Zhou XD, Xu X. [Berberine regulates type 2 diabetes mellitus related with insulin resistance]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2017;42(12):2254-2260.
8. Dakshinamurti K. Vitamins and their derivatives in the prevention and treatment of metabolic syndrome diseases (diabetes). Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;93(5):355-362.
9. Kouzi SA, Yang S, Nuzum DS, Dirks-Naylor AJ. Natural supplements for improving insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2015;7(1):94-106.
10. Yin J, Xing H, Ye J. Efficacy of berberine in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2008;57(5):712-717.